Because of the unique schedule this season, we’ve adapted the playoff format and donation structure slightly for this season. Details below.
Donations will be awarded to the team’s charity two ways:
- $1 per Run Scored during the season (max $20 per game).
- Bonuses for finishing in the Top 8.
- Wins during the Playoffs.
End-of-Season Bonuses shall be awarded, as follows:
- 1st Place, +$150
- 2nd Place, +$100
- 3rd Place, +$75
- 4th Place, +$50
- 5th – 8th Place, +$25
Because the Parks will be closed after November 1, and still allow one backup rain date, we are scheduling our Playoffs for Sunday, October 24. With only 1-week for playoffs in Summer 2021, we’re playing a modified schedule from a standard 2-week playoff format.
- The 1, 2, 3, and 4 teams advance to a single elimination tournament to decide the Champion.
- The 5, 6, 7, and 8 teams advance to a single elimination tournament to decide the First Consolation.
- The 9, 10, 11, and 12 teams advance to a single elimination tournament to decide the Second Consolation.
- The 13 and 14 teams advance to a single elimination tournament to decide the Third Consolation.
The Second and Third Playoff Consolation games will be played AT ANOTHER FIELD IN DURHAM (TBD), also on Sunday, October 24.
Playoff Game Bonuses shall be awarded, as follows:
- $50 for any First Round win.
- $150 for the Championship.
- $100 for First Consolation Championship.
- $75 for Second Consolation Championship.
For example, if a team scores 82 runs and comes in 2nd Place, they will earn $182 for their charity. If they also win their 1st round game and the Championship, they add +$200 to their winnings to donate a total of $382 to their sponsor’s charity on the season!
At the start of the 2021 Summer season, we are projecting about $2000 in donations this season! We’ll see if we can meet that goal!