To be fully prepared for the season, we must consider the possibility that one or more Teams do not fill their entire roster. Depending on the total number of players that register, the contingency plan varies. I have outlined the likely scenarios below and how we will address them to still ensure a fun season of softball for everyone that signed up.
Under 60 Players
- Extend registration deadline one week and work on getting more than 72 registrations.
- If still not filled by +7 Days, Opening Day may be delayed up to 4 weeks to allow for additional registrations.
- If still not filled by +28 Days, all Players will be offered full refunds.
- Once completed, move on to 60 – 72 Players.
60 – 71 Players
- Play Ball! If 60 Players sign up, we will condense the league down to 5 teams of 12 Players each.
- Contracted teams will be chosen based on the current number of registrations, with the sponsor with the fewest registrations undergoing contraction.
- All games played minimums will still be met for the players and teams will still mostly play double-headers each week.
- Players who signed up for the 3 contracted teams will play for the teams that need players the most.
- Players will be required to change teams based on the order of their registrations, or to properly distribute male/female players evenly for all teams.
- Players #60 – #71 will be added evenly to the 5 teams, until we have 5 teams of at least 14 players.
- Once we reach more than 71 Players, move on to 72 – 84.
72 – 84 Players
- If 72 Players sign up, we will condense the league down to 6 teams of 12 Players each.
- The same rules for contraction and player re-assignments apply, as before.
- Players #72 – #84 will be added evenly to the 6 teams, until we have 6 teams of 14+ players.
- Once we reach more than 84 Players, move on to 84 – 96.
85 – 95 Players
- If 85 Players sign up, we will condense the league down to 7 teams of 12+ Players each.
- Players #85 – #96 will be added evenly to the 7 teams, until we have 7 teams of ~14 players.
- Once we reach more than 96 Players, move on to 96 – 108.
96 – 120 Players
- If 96 Players sign up, we will keep all 8 teams in the league and avoid contraction.
- Players #96 – #120 will be added evenly to the 8 teams, until we have 8 teams of at least 15 players.
- Once we reach more than 120 Players, all teams will be full!
In the event of contraction, all sponsors will still split the guaranteed portion of the donation pool between their respective organizations. The remaining teams will still be eligible for additional performance-based bonuses during the season.