During each week of the season, we will try to hold weekly promotions that encourage players from all teams to come together and support one of our causes. This will give players a reason to learn about each organization in the league and understand why the work they do is important. We hope the concept will help bring the players from different teams together under the same common goal of helping the Durham community through softball.
To encourage participation and give players another way to help all of the causes in the league, we will host a contest to reward the team that collects the most of a particular item each week. During each promotion, a Prize Pool will be set and the top 2 donating teams will earn a portion of the pool for their charity.
Specific dates are still TBD, but here are the details of the feature weeks we have planned so far:
- Central Piedmont Community Action
- Two Clothing Drives – one for Socks and one for Coats – to support the CPCA’s Clothes Closet project. Any pair of socks and any type of coat made for humans will be accepted, regardless of size. Items must be new or lightly used, with no stains/holes/rips/tears.
- Hope Animal Rescue
- Dog Toys – Any new or lightly used Dog Toy will be accepted.
- Meals on Wheels
- Nutrition Bars – Any low-sodium, healthy breakfast / nutrition / granola bar will be accepted.
- STEM in the Park
- Brain Food – All individual-sized bags of pretzels, chips, trail mix, goldfish, peanuts, etc. will be accepted.d.
- Girls on the Run of the Triangle
- Colored Pencils / Markers – Any new, unused box of colored markers, or any new or lightly used box of colored pencils, will be accepted.
- Housing for New Hope
- Bath Towels – Any new or lightly used bath towels, including hand towels and bath mats, will be accepted.
Donations will be accepted at the field by the umpire until the last out of the last game of the day.
We appreciate your help! We hope this encourages more direct giving and participation so all of our teams can support a sponsor even if they aren’t on their team. Where possible, weeks will be sponsored by other local businesses who support our mission and want to give back to the Durham community.