2019 Fall Wiffle Ball Tournament
$25.00 – $100.00
Welcome to Wiffle Ball!
This item purchases entry for our Wiffle Ball tournaments on Sunday, November 3 and Sunday, November 17. Please sign up your team of 5-6 players (with at least 2 women), or sign up as a free agent and be placed on a team. Only the first 8 teams will be entered into each tournament, so sign up early! Thanks for playing!
Registration for the 2019 Co-Ed Fall Wiffle Ball Tournament
Welcome to Durham Wiffle Ball! This is the page to register and pay your entry fee for participation in Play NC, Inc.‘s 2019 Fall Wiffle Ball Tournament.
Week 1 – Sunday, November 3
Week 2 – Sunday, November 17
Rainout Dates: December 1, December 8
- Registration is $100 per Team for both Tournaments, or $60 for a single Tournament.
- Each team shall have 5 or 6 players, with at least 1 woman on the roster.
- Lineups: 5 players in the batting lineup, 5 players in the field.
- Valid lineups require at least 1 woman in the field and in the batting lineup at all times.
- Rule Change to include 5 players in the field when playing at the Miracle League field.
- No umpires; honor-system umpiring system until the championship game.
- Registration is limited to the first 8 Teams per Tournament.
- Each Team will choose a Durham Softball charity to represent and play to earn a donation for that charity at the end of the tournament.
- Teams may choose the same charity, so multiple teams could play for the same cause.
- Please read the Durham Wiffle Ball game rules prior to playing.
- Registration is $25 per Player.
- Players will be assigned to a team with 4 men and 2 women.
- The first 4 men and 2 women to sign up will be placed on the same team.
- Process repeats for more teams of free agent players.
- If we do not have at least 5 free agents to fill an entire team, your entry fee will be refunded.
- Free Agent teams will be provided with Durham Softball t-shirts to use as jerseys, but should bring their own white “away” shirts.
- Team assignments will be sent out as soon as the full team has been formed.
- ie. All 6 of your teammates will be notified as soon as the 6th member signs up.
- If you’d like a friend to join your team, have them add your name in the Order Notes section of their order or email us separately.
Benefits Included With Registration
- All players receive 1 Free Beer at Bralie’s Sports Bar after their games in both Week 1 and Week 2! Any beer in the bar!
- All equipment for the tournament (bats, wiffle balls, strike zones, fencing) will be provided by the league.
- To standardize the game, you will not be allowed to use your own bats or wiffle balls.
- The Championship Winning Team will receive:
- Free entry for your team into a future Durham Wiffle Ball tournament.
- A $50 donation in your team’s name to your representative charity.
- A Wiffle Bat and every Wiffle Ball from the tournament.
- The official Wiffle Strike Zone, as used in the tournament.
- Free Durham Softball t-shirts for each player.
- TWO FREE BEERS at Bralie’s after the Championship Game, instead of just one!
Jerseys / Uniforms
- Registration does not include a shirt or jersey.
- All teams will be asked to bring matching solid-color shirts for all team members, plus an additional all-white shirt (in case your opponent also chose the same color).
- Teams will have the option to wear whatever jerseys they want, as long as their team is a similar color to each other and is significantly different from their opponent.
- If your team all played Durham Softball together, it’d be great if you wore those jerseys for the tournament! Or, if you didn’t play Durham Softball and you’d like to purchase Durham Softball shirts to use as a team, please email Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you some options.
- Games played on Sunday, November 3 and Sunday, November 17 at Fred Smith Company Field (3011 Queensland Rd., Raleigh, NC 27614)
- Games will start between 10:00am and 5:00pm.
- All Mid-Round Games will be 4 Innings (3 outs per inning) or 45 minutes.
- The Championship Game will be 6 Innings (3 outs per inning) or 65 minutes.
- Batters start with a 0-1 count.
- Pegging is allowed.
- Modified fast-pitch. Can throw as hard as you want, but the Pitcher’s feet must be stationary and remain on the ground during the pitch.
- There are a few more unique/new rules, so please review our Rule Book prior to your games.
- Examples: “Pitcher’s Hand = Force at 1st Base”; Balls hit shorter than the “Bunt Line” shall be an OUT; etc.
We have recruited a great group on local Durham non-profit organizations to be a part of Play NC’s charity roster and we’re really excited to support and unite these incredible causes. For more information on the team sponsors that you’ll be playing for, and against, during the tournament, please check out these organizations below.
- Animals: Hope Animal Rescue, committed to improving the lives of abandoned animals in North Carolina.
- Animals: Animal Protection Society of Durham, feeds, shelters, and provides medical attention to neglected animals.
- Domestic Violence: NCCDAV, leads the state’s movement to end domestic violence and to enhance work with survivors.
- Environment: Don’t Waste Durham, creates solutions that prevent trash at its source.
- Food: PORCH-Durham, provides food to those children most in need.
- Firefighters: North Carolina Fallen Firefighter Foundation, leads the effort to remember North Carolina’s fallen firefighters and their families.
- Healthcare: Josh’s Hope, serves ages 18-35 who live with mental health conditions and/or struggle with a substance disorder.
- Housing: Families Moving Forward, provides families with children a stable, safe and loving environment.
- Housing: Housing for New Hope, mission to prevent and end homelessness.
- Music: Kidznotes, pre-K through 12th grade out-of-school musical program.
- Poverty: CPCANC, assists low-income families and individuals, including the working poor.
- Schools: Shepard Magnet Middle School, provides a premiere educational environment where all students acquire knowledge, skills, and values necessary to live enriched lives.
- Senior Citizens: Meals on Wheels of Durham, enhances the quality of life for seniors and people with disabilities.
- Special Needs: Miracle League of the Triangle, positive experiences for children and adults with special needs.
- Teachers: Crayons2Calculators, provides Durham teachers with the supplies they need for classroom success.
- Veterans: Vets to Vets United, significantly improve a veteran’s life by providing companionship.
- Youth: South Durham Little League, provides baseball for children between the ages of 4 and 14.
- Youth: Girls on the Run of the Triangle, positively impacts young girls’ lives.
During the tournament, each team will be competing to win a donation for their Sponsor Organization. The winning team’s Sponsor earns $50!
If you have any questions, please ask!
If you have a group together already and you would like to play with a specific group of people, you may register as a full team. You will need to have 5 or 6 players, with a minimum of 2 women. Your team MUST have a woman on the field and in the lineup at all times.
You have an opportunity to choose which charity to play for during the tournament. Multiple teams can choose the same charity, so just select the charity you’d want to receive a donation if your team wins the championship.
Please note your teammates’ names and email addresses on your order under the “Order Notes” section at Checkout prior to proceeding to PayPal.
We promise a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We hope you’ll give us a chance to fix any problems before it gets to that point. However, you can still request a refund for any reason. You will have to actually give a reason (so we can try to fix it for the next player), but any reason will be accepted.
Animal Protection Society of Durham, Central Piedmont Community Action, Crayons2Calculators, Don't Waste Durham, Families Moving Forward, Girls on the Run of the Triangle, Hope Animal Rescue, Housing for New Hope, Josh's Hope, Kidznotes, Meals on Wheels of Durham, Miracle League of the Triangle, NCCADV, NCFFF, PORCH-Durham, Shepard Magnet Middle School, South Durham Little League, Vets to Vets United
|Team or Individual||
Team – Week 1, Team – Week 2, Team – Both Weeks, Individual – Week 1, Individual – Week 2, Individual – Both Weeks